Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Melted Crayon Art


I did this for my mom at the beginning of the year for her classroom.
My dear friend, Haley, did one of these with me this summer (but ours had a silhouette of a person below the crayons).

 

Materials:
- hot glue gun
- crayons
- canvas
- duct tape or masking tape
- x- acto knife
- hair dryer

  1. Pick out the crayons you would like to use (you could do multiple colors or you could use various shades of one color).
  2. Take all of the labels off of the crayons with an x- acto knife.
  3. Hot glue the crayons to the top of the canvas in a line.
  4. Cut pieces of tape and put it down on the canvas in the shape of the letter(s) you want.
  5. Plug the hair dryer in and hold it over the crayons until they start to melt and drip.
  6. Once enough has melted, turn off the hair dryer and peel off the tape... and...
... VOILA! You have an awesome looking canvas!!!








You can also arrange the
crayons in a shape and melt
it outwards.


This one has a color
scheme and has the
 silhouettes.
 Here are a few ideas that I pulled off of Pinterest that are similar to mine. A lot of people do it these ways and not just the way that I did mine... (I am not sure why it would not let me arrange the pictures how I wanted them, so I am sorry that they are kind of all over the place.)

Turn it upside down
and add flowers to
 the tips.




One letter also looks
nice if you have a
 smaller canvas.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't think about putting letters on it, but that looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete