I did this for my mom at the beginning of the year for her classroom.
My dear friend, Haley, did one of these with me this summer (but ours had a silhouette of a person below the crayons).
- hot glue gun
- duct tape or masking tape
- x- acto knife
- hair dryer
- Pick out the crayons you would like to use (you could do multiple colors or you could use various shades of one color).
- Take all of the labels off of the crayons with an x- acto knife.
- Hot glue the crayons to the top of the canvas in a line.
- Cut pieces of tape and put it down on the canvas in the shape of the letter(s) you want.
- Plug the hair dryer in and hold it over the crayons until they start to melt and drip.
- Once enough has melted, turn off the hair dryer and peel off the tape... and...
|You can also arrange the|
crayons in a shape and melt
|This one has a color |
scheme and has the
|Turn it upside down |
and add flowers to
|One letter also looks |
nice if you have a